Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Christmas in June


Before we left the State in January, we sold almost everything we owned and boxed the rest up to go in a container shared by all 5 families. Since January, we have been waiting for our shipment to arrive. In April, the container finally made it to Cochabamba, but since then has been sitting in customs, where Josh was in charge of completing all the paperwork. It has been a South American experience working through all the red tape.

However on June 9th (which just happened to be our 6th anniversary), we finally got our stuff! It was the best anniversary present I could've asked for. Since then, I have been busily unpacking stuff (I actually told Josh I feel like a little girl playing house!) It has been wonderful to get pictures on the walls, kitchen utensils (thank you, Mary Ann, for all the Pampered Chef stuff), Michaela's rocking chair (we've been reading on the floor for 3 months), Kenyan tea and spices, and especially maternity clothes! Thanks to the compiled efforts of 3 women, and many donated clothes, we have enough maternity clothes for 4 women. Jamie Custer and I had a lot of fun going through them and spliting them up. And it wasn't a moment too soon, because I am finally beginning to pop out. At 21 weeks, I am half way through our 2nd pregnancy.

We are so thankful that God provdies not only for our needs, but also so much more. Many thanks to all the prayers that have been going up on our behalf for this and our visa process. Having this taken care of has sure taken a lot of stress off of Josh. Not to mention, he's been enjoying all the meals I've been cooking lately!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Yeh!!
I'm so happy for all of you, to finally be able to get settled in your own home.
You were very patient through some trying times.
Love you, Mom

Campbell Family said...

Waiting for some pics of your house with all your stuff in it! :) So excited for you guys. Laura

Cheryl said...

Praise the Lord for boxes of stuff...cleared customs and a completed round of third world "red tape"! We celebrate all of those with you... Cheryl