Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Familia Marcum

Familia Marcum
The earth is yours and everything in it, the world and all who live in it.” Ps. 24:1

Things are under your care O Lord. The surety of your presence has “been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made.” Rom. 1:20 Ever since you stooped down, gathered dust, and breathed you likeness into man we’ve had your imprint left on us. How come we’ve received such attention from the Divine? But you are our Maker and we your most esteemed creation. Forgive us for falling short of your all perfect design. Thank you for believing in us –for the tender and gracious extension you’ve medae to restore us and breath in us anew.

Now that I’ve been directly gifted with two of your precious works –Michaela and now Eliana –my heart vacillates between emotions of extreme blessedness and deep responsibility. O heavenly Father, is this an accurate portrayal of the tension within your own heart? Is this what you feel daily for your own children?

This child turns now to you in thankfulness for you love and constant provision. As the Psalmist exclaimed, truly “the boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places.”Ps. 16:6.

Please help me along. Give me your child, the courage to live entirely for your praise alone. The intentions of my heart as guided by your will are to guide my family in righteousness, creating a home filled with your peace and presence. I commit also to your church, to serve her, and those with whom you given me to work. May my love, service, and leadership only pour down from the vantage point of your amazing grace.

Thank you for hearing the prayer I offer on this Thanksgiving Day!

submitted by Joshua Marcum

2 comments:

Larry Stephens said...

Amen.
Dad

Diane said...

Joshua, you are certainly a man after God's own heart. I thank God every day that you are our son-in-law, the husband of our own precious child. Diane