Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Monday, January 21, 2008

New Births

Well, as 2 of us are waiting for the immenent physical births of our children, we were excited to celebrate the spiritual births of 2 of our youth. Rene and Vanessa made the decision to put Christ on in baptism yesterday. They have been faithfully attending church, Bible class and our CAFE group for months. I have been impressed by their sincerity, and their longing to learn. After expressing their desire to be baptized, Josh spent 7 weeks studying with them both - and said he was always impressed when he arrived for their study, because they had everything ready - Bibles out, homework done. Sometimes in the midst of being a mom and wife, it can be hard to see what, if anything, I am contributing... but after teaching Rene and Vanessa in Bible class, and seeing their desire to follow Christ, I am struck again by what every teacher feels the weight of - the promise of the future. I am excited to see how God will lead and train up these 2 young people to serve and honor Him within the church. Please pray with me for Rene and Vanessa.

5 comments:

Angie Washington said...

How exciting to see the fruits of your labor.

I thought that there were 3 of you expecting? Why did I think that?

Joshua and Julie Marcum said...

Angie,
You're right - I only meant that Katie and I are due any day now. Laura is due Feb. 23 - I guess that's pretty immenent too : )

Angie Washington said...

Ahhh - I get it now. Gracias :-)

Drew Custer said...

How wonderful! You are doing such a wonderful job there with the kids. I am glad to hear about the fruit of your labor and Josh's too. I am ready to see some pictures of that baby girl. I guess yours and Katie's could even share a birthday:)
Jamie

Valerie said...

Wow, I didn't know Katie was pregnant, too! Your team is even more pregnant than mine! Isn't interesting, though, how so many imminent births affects the day to day of your work? You really can't count on tomorrow! (Somewhere there's a lesson in that!) Russ and I are praying for a safe arrival for your little one!