Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Friday, October 02, 2009

Recent Ministry Events

It has been a very busy month - on top of our regular ministry activities, we've had several special events too. Josh has said he feels like he's hardly had time to breath! And thanks to Josh's mom, we finally have a camara again to start recording memories!! I'm so excited to be able to take pictures again.

The month started out with a church 'retiro' - or mini retreat. We rented out a pool/recreation center for the day and had a great time of fellowship and food. This was the first church event that Miguel came to (see previous blog) and it was wonderful to see him and his family.

We started a monthly 'girls night out', and I put together the craft and the devotional focusing around our uniqueness and unity in Christ.

The guys had their monthly 'guys night out', and enjoyed the presence of Miguel as well as celebrating Gaston's birthday.


We held our annual ladies tea on the 26th, and had almost 60 women in attendance. Our theme focused on the Samaritan woman at the well, and our spiritual thirst for Christ. Trish did a fantastic job on the decorations and the craft! Mary Torres, one of the missionary women in Sucre, came to give the talk. She was very open with us about her life and how Christ has changed her and her family. A lot of our women put in a lot of hours working on invitations, nametags, the craft, the food, the decorations, and the testimonies. We continue to pray for wisdom as to how to draw the women of the congregation into a closer walk with Christ and fellowship with each other.

I lead singing...


Mary Torres, our speaker


An example of our craft


We were so excited with our attendance - and over half were friends of family of our church members!


Carmen and Elsa


Our welcoming table - Alejandra, Gabriella and Pocha


One of the many beautifully decorated tables


Patricia and Beatrice, 2 of our indespensible helpers in the kitchen

The next day, Sharla and Trish gave a workshop on teaching children. Josh's mom did a fabulous job providing a theological base for teaching children and Trish shared about her class for the toddlers, which has been a huge success! We are hoping to get more people excited and involved in our children's program, and I think this was a great start.

2 comments:

Drew Custer said...

I'm so glad the tea went so beautifully. It is such a blessing to see how it has evolved. Praise God! The girls look adorable as well!
Jamie

Unknown said...

So good to see all of the recent events taking place. We are always very interested in the Lord's work taking place in Cochabamba and surrounding areas. Rod met a man at a retreat recently who knew the Marcum family. It is a small world. Darlene & Rod