Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Monday, October 25, 2010

Top Ten (well, 11) Pics/Experiences from the CCC Conference in Brazil

I can't even begin to describe the blessing this week was in my life. It was a time of retreat, of fellowship, of healing. I felt God speaking to me in so many personal ways over the course of the week: through song, through the lessons, through personal Bible study and meditation, through prayer, through my connection group, through personal time with a counselor. If I could write down one thing that I took away from this conference, sounding so simple and trite, but so profound in the depths of my soul, it would be "GRACE and PEACE." This phrase has been the prayer of my life and for the lives of other in the last few weeks.... Thank you to all those who worked so hard to make this conference happen, and to my amazing husband, who with such a gracious and loving attitude, held down the fort while I was gone. I hope the pictures express the rest... I tried to pick pictures mostly featuring myself, to spare any possible embarrassment on other's behalf :)


Pizza Hut pizza in the Sao Paolo airport... which I regreted the entire 4 hour bus ride later... but come to think of it... it was still worth it!


The beach... Need I say more???


Time for meditation and child's worship


Prayer and worship on the beach


Time to visit with and learn from some amazing women of God


Having my feet washed by my group leader, Becky Holton, someone I have looked up to for a very long time... such a humbling experience


Memories and time with precious teammates


The yummy food!


The skits during the luau party... I laughed so hard, I literally thought I was going to be sick!


The luau party the final night


My connection group

1 comment:

Diane said...

So glad you got to do this again, Julie. What times of encouragement and uplifting. Those are such precious memories to sustain you through the tough times. Love you, Mom