Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Nyanya and Babu visit Bolivia

Well, the definite highlight of the month of January was my parents visit to Cochabamba. They arrived the day before the launch, bringing all kinds of goodies for Christmas and my wish list of unfindable or very expensive American items. They spent a wonderful 3 weeks here, enjoying our new house (did I forget to mention that we've moved???? I'll post a few pictures of our new place soon), time with the grandchildren, sightseeing around Cochabamaba (including the Cristo, the Cancha - Bolivia's largest open air market, downtown, an attempted trip to seeing some Incan ruins), and a trip from Cochabamba to Santa Cruz, which takes you from the highlands to the rainforest (this was made especially with my parents hobby of birdwatching in mind. And they did see lots of interesting birds!) They also blessed our team with a day seminar on strengthening our marriages. It was very hard to see them go - especially with the thought that it will be a year and a half till we see them again on our first furlough. This mom is sure going to miss the extra set of grandmother hands, and just time to talk and share about our lives and the work here. But I am so thankful for the time we did have, time to show my parents a little bit of our lives here. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for sacrificing the time and money to be here with us! We love you!

Babu and Michaela playing with her new blocks

Nyanya and her granddaughters

Babu and Eliana

Overlooking the city from the Cristo statue

The way we go to the Cancha - Mom and Dad got a kick out of us weighted down with 2 babies

1 comment:

laura said...

GREAT update and beautiful pictures! It's always fun to get to see the moments we weren't around for :) Hope Eliana's feeling better and that you guys are having a good day. We're recovering at home :) and enjoying the rain!