Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Monday, August 11, 2008

Furlough Highlights - Take 5

Well, the Marcum family is actually back in Cochabamba (we arrived safe and sound with all 3 kids and all 7 bags on Thursday), but I wanted to finish posting pictures of our furlough.

After Wichita, we traveled to Estes Park, CO for Josh's Sikes family reunion. His mom's family rent out the biggest cabin in the YMCA every other year. There are usually around 200 people present at the reunion, and we enjoy nightly devotionals, horseshoe tournaments, and the beauty of the Rocky mountains. The girls got to play with countless cousins (or were the 2nd cousins, or 1st cousins once removed - I can't ever keep all that straight!) We even got to take in a rodeo. I didn't get to do quite as much visiting as I would have liked - much of my time was spent running after toddlers - but all in all, it was a great time!


We went on a short hike with all the kids.


At the rodeo - one of the best I've seen actually!


Can we say "bed head"?


Josh's grandparents celebrated their 60th while we were there.


Here are Josh's grandparents with all the great grandchildren that were present the last morning.


Our family picture

5 comments:

Angie Washington said...

Oh Julie you're back! Welcome home travelin' gal. :-)

The family picture is wonderful.

Let's get together!

Drew Custer said...

I'm glad you guys made it home safe and sound. I know you are probably glad to have the girls back in their own space again. How was the reunion between JuJu and Michaela? I know Drew didn't get a hold of you guys again before you left but I want to Skype sometime. Maybe I could catch you on there. Love you guys.
Jamie

David and Michelle Simpson said...

Isn't Estes Park wonderful...I worked there for a summer and absolutely loved it. It is a wonderful place to visit. Glad you guys made it back safely

B and V Leonard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B and V Leonard said...

I've been checking your website to see if you had returned home or not and YEAH..... today I see you have!

You know I felt the same way about not getting to visit as much as I would have liked. Next time they will be bigger and maybe we will be able to finish a sentence.....oh, maybe a complete thought...that would be nice, huh? ! :-)

I pray settling in is a bit easier than preparing to leave! God bless, V