Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Friday, July 30, 2010

Brownwood in Word Pictures

We have been in Brownwood now for 2 weeks and leave tomorrow for our long trek back to Michigan, via Memphis. I realized tonight that I have been a terrible picture taker the last 2 weeks, with no grandparents' cameras to back me up, so I decided to give you a taste of Brownwood in 'word pictures.' Here's some of the things we've enjoyed the last 2 weeks.

-Hot sun, chlorine and sunscreen, and cool water with Ruthie and the Chessers
-Watching the girls feed and chase the goats at the Washburns
-Steak 4 times!!!
-yummy church potlucks and fellowship
-taking the kids to the eye doctor for the first time
-playing with Mr. Potato Head's at the Ruizes
-watching the girls laugh and jump on the trampoline all together (first time they've ever enjoyed jumping together) at the Benton's
-watching Michaela and Mark play in the pool together
-petting the goats and donkeys at the Rogers
-poor Jana's feet getting blistered up by fire ants
-watching Jana put away 4 helpings of mac and cheese every other meal
-chocolate milkshakes at Doc's drugstore
-Eliana feeding a cow 'cake' on Bill and Charlotte's ranch
-homemade peach icecream at the Pursch's
-watching Jana get loved on by Shnitzel the dog
-watching Michaela make friends wherever she goes... on any playground... within 30 seconds
-the kids playing cops on the playground outside of church with the Lykes kids
-watching the kids enjoy Bible class so much
-walking up to our old apartment here in Brownwood and remembering Michaela as a little bitty baby
-movie in bed with my husband
-donuts and coffee with Billie
-a play date and chitchat with Melanie and James
-hearing a couple of great marriage classes
-a comfortable and spacious place to stay!
-a trip to Abilene to see my brother and Janille's sweet, newly-wed apartment and taking them out to Abuelo's
-a trip to Mardel's

It's been a wonderful stay, Brownwood! We love you all! Thanks and see you soon!

3 comments:

BALI said...

hi, how are you?
warm greeting from Bali island, Indonesia.

I wish you gain more success!

Brenda Collins said...

i know it is crazy to travel...ice job looking at the bright side of things!

Brenda Collins said...

*nice