Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Furlough 2010

It has been a busy summer so far! We started our furlough out with our Cochabamba Connection Conference in Dallas, celebrating 5 years in the life of our team. It was a wonderful time with our supporters to show how God has worked in the past 5 years and share our plans for the future. We then flew up to Michigan. Joshua and I were able to get away for a few days in north Michigan to celebrate our 10th anniversary and really enjoyed the time at a cabin on Torch Lake. Pictures have I none! Josh then left for 2 and a half weeks of classes in Dallas. He is beginning work on his Doctorate of Ministry. He was extremely fulfilled and blessed by his classes. The girls and I stayed at my parents house and enjoyed our 3 weeks with them. Here is look at some of the things we did:

Michaela had lots of fun on the Wii Fit.


We made a couple trips to Greenfield Village - the live museum in Detroit. One visit was in celebration of Memorial Day and they had Civil War remembrances set up. We enjoyed the carousel, the train, feeding the ducks, playing old time games on the green, and riding in one of the original Model T cars and an old timey bus. Eliana even got to touch a snake!








We visited Miss Peggy's gymnastics with the young families and made several trips to the library.


We went to a special Africa section of the Battlecreek zoo and fed the giraffes. Jana did not like their long tongues! Pictures to come of that event, as soon as I get my hands on my dad's camera. I had my hands full helping the girls feed them :)







We enjoyed being with my sister and her family and had lots of cousin time.... playing in the sprinkler, reading, and going to the park.









We made a trip to Chuck E Cheese.





We missed Daddy while he was in Dallas very much, but we filled our time with lots of fun activities and special memories with Nyanya and Babu and family.

1 comment:

Nicole Whaley said...

Great pictures, Julie. I'm so glad for you to have this time with your family. You've been in my thoughts.