Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

You may be thinking this blog is a little late - but actually the Bolivian mother's day was just yesterday. Josh and I decided we would celebrate Bolivian mother's and father's day - thinking it would be easier to remember with the advertisement that goes on here. (Who are we kidding? We still have to remember to call our parents on the days the US celebrates!)

Anyway, Michaela's day care had a special program last week for the mothers. Michaela had to dress up as a clown. They would have some singing and dancing and saltenas for a snack. Michaela even had a solo - she was supposed to sing her ABCs. We were looking forward to seeing if that bit actually happened. The day rolled around - we had a screaming fit as we tried to put the costume on. (Thanks to my mom for the costume. It is actually a bunny costume she made for me and my sister, but it worked good for a clown too!) But as soon as I painted her face, she thought it was pretty cool.


When we arrived at her daycare thought, it was to discover that apparently parents here rent professional costumes for events like this. All the other kids were wearing real, brightly colored silk clown costumes complete with wigs and everything! Oh, well, I still thought Michaela looked pretty cute.

The program started... All the other kids were singing... Michaela just stood there. Josh and I started to laugh after a bit - remembering that we had told the head teacher upon enrolling that our daughter was very advanced for her age... you sure couldn't tell from her performance!


Her solo rolled around. She sings the ABCs like a pro at home, but after about a mintue of just standing at the microphone - they whisked her away.

And then came the real laughs... instead of just standing there, she began to play with her bow on her costume.

Like this...


And this...


Josh and I were rolling.

The finale rolled around and Michaela finally came out of her daze. They did a clown dance, and I guess she finally decided to get with the program.


All in all, it was a fun morning. I'm sure this is just a taste of all the future programs we have to look forward to.

2 comments:

Angie Washington said...

Oh the costume custom! She is a cutie.

Diane said...

Dear Julie and Josh,
That was a great laugh!
Just a reminder for when Michaela becomes a teenager and starts complaining that you all embarass her, you can pull this out and tell her it's pay back time:)
Love you, Mom