Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Friday, July 10, 2009

More news....

Things have been a little crazy around here of late... I've been trying for 2 days to get this update posted.

-I took Jana to the dr. and she has a combination of rotovirus and parasites.... I thought she was getting better, but she still has bad diareahea and just threw up again all over the computer as I was working on this entry (I'm on Josh's computer now!)... At least we know what it is and how to treat it. Keep praying she will get better - and that mommy will have at least 1 day where I'm not having to clean up bodily fluids/excretion!

-To top the whole week off, Eliana fell down on Thursday and busted her chin open and I had to take her to the emergency room for stitches. She would've had to get 3-4 stiches, but she was so great (you would not have believed how still she lay and she didn't even cry!!!!), they did one long stitch on the inside and one little one on the outside.

-Josh's back is really bothering him... He's going to go back to the doc for another check up to make sure everything is okay... It may just be that he's not resting as much as he should be.

-Other than that, our days have been full of millions of other things. Josh spent almost 7 hours total waiting to get his forensics report... and still has to get the hospital to write up a report too. He went to visit Miguel yesterday, and was sad to see his condition, but glad to be able to sit and pray with him. Josh felt sure he could hear him. They have him restrained to keep him from pulling on the cords and hurting himself, and sedated until such time they feel ready to let him come to.

-Yesterday we attended a mass for Belen and Diana (a common Catholic traditon here a week after the funeral. One side of Diana's family are strong Catholics). It was again a very sad time for the family and all involved. But afterward the Sandoval's and Forbesses were able to go out to lunch with the family and I think it was a good time of fellowship, helping to ease the pain and smooth over the relationship with our church.

-We are continuing to work on ordering Ariel's cochlear device... it might be possible to recieve a free replacement!? But of course that means tons of paperwork and phone calls... sometimes a very difficult thing from another continent. Keep this whole process in your prayers.

-Josh talked to Pedro, Rebeca's father, yesterday. They have been out of touch all week and we were a little worried about them. Turns out they had to move Rebeca to a relative's house so she could get some rest... friends from school and church kept coming by. And she was having panic attacks... made worse by a medication they had prescribed. As soon as they took her off that medication, she's been doing much better. But Pedro said they are doing fine and Rebeca is recovering.

-Looks like Monday may be a big day... Kevin might possibly be released and JD might be able to get up! Pray that both of these things may happen!

-I think that's about it... except for the fact that we were able to talk and use the web-cam on Skype last night to see/hear a lot of Josh's family/extended family. What a great blessing to be prayed over and to hear "Precious Lord, Take my Hand" sung over us from thousands of miles away. We feel and know that thousands are continuing to lift us up in prayer... I know it's one of the biggest ways that we are making it through day by day.

No comments: