Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Recent Ministry Events

A thousand apologies for my most recent absence from the blogging world... due again to a sick computer (we had to completely strip and reload everything, a very time consuming process! I'm still attempted to upload all my pictures again. Ugh!) and then the business of the holiday season. Hopefully, if I am diligent with my posts over the next week, I'll be caught up pretty soon.

I wanted to post some pictures of some recent ministry events (some before and some after our trip to the US), but I figured it might help me if I combine them all in one post.

Our team finished out a series of marriage classes in the middle of October. We designed a 5 part marriage conference with one class offered each month for 5 months. It was a huge encouragment to marriages in the congregation, but also an evangelical outreach, as we asked each couple who attended to invite another couple they knew outside the church to attend for free. By the end of the conference, 2 of those families had placed membership with the church! Here are a couple pictures of Josh wrapping up the conference in October.



At the very end of November, we held our 3rd annual national family camp at campsite Kewina, about an hour and a half drive from Cochabamba. It was a huge success as usual, with around 150 brothers and sisters attending from churches all over the country. The theme focused on the spiritual disciplines, and our good friend and ex-coworker from our Memphis days, Jim Holway, came to do the classes. It was a great time of fellowship and fun... prayer time, men's and women's activities, shared meals, childrens' classes, talent show, sports tournaments etc.


Talent show... We taught the kids about the fruits of the spirit in our children's classes, and here they are reciting them.


We had a great turn out from 5 different churches all over the country.


The 4 cousins had a great time hanging out together!


People enjoyed a variety of different sports, including repeling.


Jim's classes were excellent!

We held the usual holiday activities at our home in December: talent show and Christmas carols for our small group, and then our usual church wide fellowship for New Year's day. We had around 70 people on New Year's day, and enjoyed seeing in the New Year with a barbeque, sports, and most importantly, singing and prayer.

Vanessa plays the saxaphone during the talent show.


Christmas carols and cookies


New Year's Day Feast...


And fellowship...


And games!

(Hopefully, I'll be able to get some pics soon from Rodney and Tracie Chesser from our sponsoring congregation who happened to be here... there's some great ones of Josh doing a devo on 'getting rid of the old man'. :)

No comments: