Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

3rd Anniversary

January marked 4 years for our team in Cochabamba and 3 years since the official inauguration of the church. It's kind of bizzare looking back and realizing the craziness of that inauguration... political turmoil, the blessing of tons of Stateside visitors, the first visit my parents made, Eliana as a 2 month old baby. It all seems so long ago, and yesterday at the same time.

And what a blessing to look at these 2 pictures from our 3rd anniversary...


And see how much that the body of the Lord has grown here in Cochabamba. From our team and 1 family to this! God is good.

What a great feeling to be able to sit in a worship service directed by our Bolivian brothers!


We gave out 'servant towels' to honor those who have served the church in various capacities this last year... and the servant award went to Gaston and Miguel for spending so much time and money helping repair Augustina's house. What an emotional moment to see Miguel receive this plaque.


3 of our youth recieved a scholarship fund set aside for them by the Richland Hills Church of Christ. Rebeca and Bruno have shown special perseverence in continuing their studies while recuperating from their major injuries recieved in the bus accident.


The church leaders presented the missionary families with plaques to thank us for our service.


And of course we had to document the occasion with lots of pictures!





We praise God for the way He is working... the numbers are secondary to the way we have seen people's faith change their lives... in the way they have handled the tradegy and struggles of this last year... in our relationships together... in their families... in their growth in the Word and prayer. We are so thankful to have been a part of this work over the last 4 years, and pray that God will continue to use us to His glory for many more to come.

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Praise God for all the ways he has been working there in Cochabamba -- through you guys and your team. It doesn't seem like it's been 4 years. Wow -- so much has happened!

Diane said...

Praise God for all the ways He has been working there. You are jars of clay in His hands. My God continue to guide, direct and bless you daily with all the challenges you face as well as the ability to see every situation as an opportunity to share the Good News. We love you, Diane