Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Monday, December 15, 2008

La Casa de Papa Noel

My husband buys a Sunday paper every Sunday. It's kind of like a hobby for him - he likes not only keeping up with the news, but also checking out the ads (even though the majority of the time we aren't seriously looking to buy anything.) The good thing is the Sunday paper also includes a special magazine, featuring cultural/ recreational activities. We've found some interesting things listed (although the trout farm and the orchestral performance in Cochabamba were absolute bombs - stories for another time :)

A couple weeks ago Josh saw advertised La Casa de Papa Noel (for those Spanish illiterates - Santa Clause's House). So we decided to go check it out and were pleasantly surprised! For Bolivia, it was very well done! Coca-Cola rented out a big mansion. We had to wait about 40 min, but the 'elves' took groups of about 10 through and you got to see Santa's kitchen, bedroom, workshop and then meet and 'kiss' Santa (no sitting on Santa's lap here - the traditional 'beso' works just fine). Then they had Santa's sleigh out on the lawn for pictures. The kids loved it (although we couldn't get Eliana to kiss Santa!) And the best part was, you didn't have to pay - you just had to bring a gift per ticket for the poor children of Cochabamba - a good lesson on giving for our kids. And it was very festive!

We forgot the camara, but got some pictures on Josh's cell-phone. Thus the grainy quality (and some came out too fuzzy). Enjoy.


Can you tell Michaela enjoyed it? :)


In Santa's sleigh


Out front of the house

3 comments:

Diane said...

Great pictures, even with a cell phone. Eliana's hair is getting so pretty! I'm so proud of you all the way you try and experience everything about the culture there. Keep hanging in there!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

We should take our kiddos there... I wonder when it is running til.

Drew Custer said...

How cool! I'm so glad you found that. It looks really pretty. I bet the girls had so much fun. I am so happy to hear that Josh was able to get your books back. That is a terrible feeling when you forget something that the kids love and that you need to keep them happy. I'm glad it worked out well. I got my sling but between the small level of difficulty and my sleep deprevation I can't figure it out. I have wished many times the last two days that I could come over and let you teach me how to use it. I will figure it out sooner or later I guess:) Love you guys.