Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Monday, December 08, 2008

My Cup Overflows

Call this a late Thanksgiving post if you will (although I would probably be posting this even if we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving). The other day as I was cooking dinner, watching my husband swing the kids outside, I was struck with how blessed I am. My cup is truly overflowing.
- We get to stay in our house! There was the possiblity for a few weeks that our house would sell. As much as I have railed against living 20 min. outside the center of town (sometimes I would like to be closer to everything like our teammates), I had actually been very at peace about where we live. Nothing like thinking you're going to loose something to make you realize how great it is. Our home is a haven for our family - and a great ministry tool as well. And it seems like the city is coming to us. There's a new grocery store opening 5 minutes from our house!
- I love my kids! Jana is now crawling and it is so fun seeing her explore her world. I love to watch Michaela and Eliana play together. They are all healthy - minus a cold. For several nights in a row, I didn't have to get up once! This is quite revolutionary for me as I went from prenancy to pregancy - so if I wasn't getting up for nighttime feedings, I was getting up to run to the bathroom, or to comfort a crying toddler. It's amazing the energy a full night's sleep will give you.
- I have a wonderful husband. The other day, he didn't have much going on (a first in about 6 weeks!), so he stayed with the kids while I went grocery shopping by myself - and then kept them again that night while I went to a ladies craft time. And it's not just that he watches the kids - he enjoys his time with them. They swam, played in the sand, watched Polar Express together, and went to a park. It blesses my heart to see him interacting with them.
- There's nothing like celebrating Christmas in a 3rd world county to make you see the blaring inconsistencies in life. Americans truly are one of the most priveledged peoples in the world. At times I wonder that God saw fit to place me in the family and culture which he did. We are very blessed: economically, spiritually, educationally, politically. But I am also very thankful that I and my children have had the experience growing up in another culture. I think it helps you appreciate your heritage, but also helps you appreciate the world outside the American culture.
-God continually transforms lives. As I listened to the ladies talk about their trip to the ladies conference in Cusco during our craft time, I was encouraged to see how God continues to shape and teach and encourage.
-Internet is great. I love being able to keep up with my friends and family on a daily basis, seeing pictures, knowing the daily joys and struggles, reading thoughts and prayers, sharing my life as well. Not to mention Christmas music online. Skype phone calls. Even shopping and banking!
I am blessed! Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats for the new grocery store! Your list is so sweet, thanks for sharing it. We are truly blessed.