Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.... “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?”
Isaiah 43:1-3, 7, 10-13

Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!

The month of December has been a busy one in our household - here's a look at some of the special ways we celebrated the season....

-We decorated the tree before Thanksgiving so it would feel more festive for that special day.

-Team thanksgiving at our house


-Youth game night

-Special ladies craft time. We made and decorated sugar cookies together.

-Dinner with Marbel and Sandro. On a side note, please be praying for this couple. We met them when Josh offered a marriage seminar a couple years ago. A couple months ago, they showed up again at church and asked Josh to marry them. Since then, they've been attending regularly and Josh recently started a Bible study with them both.

-Lunch with the Arcos, our homestay family and 'adopted' Bolvian grandparents

-Carols and cookies for our CAFE group here at our house. We ended up having pretty much the whole church - and some besides! Christmas carols aren't a huge part of Latin American culture and so Josh spent some extra time this month putting together and teaching some of the music and lyrics in Spanish. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it.

-Cookie and ornament exchange with some of my expat friends.


-We decorated Christmas cookies with the team kids and one of our neighbors.


-Date night! Josh and I got to go to dinner and a movie.

-Birthday party for one of our youth. Michaela, Eliana and I came home from the party and promptly came down with a terrible case of food poisoning. Which meant we missed the special Christmas program the next day. Bummer!


-Special Sunday Christmas program and fellowship meal. The youth and the kids all put on special performances for the church.

-Christmas morning at our house and then team Christmas at the Bulls. We ate, fellowshiped, played games and exchanged gifts. Fun, fun!




-Rotary club dinner at our house. We had a formal dinner for Josh's rotary club members and a white elephant gift exchange as well - they loved it.


-And coming up - a New Year's Day celebration at our house as well.

We hope and pray that your holiday season has been as blessed as ours! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that last picture is my favorite! How sweet!

Your season (and home) has really been full.

Hope you have a happy New Year. :-)

Diane said...

I LOVED all the pictures, especially the one of the stockings all lined up, and then the picture of the 3 girls under the tree. Priceless!
Love to all, Mom

Campbell Family said...

What precious pictures. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you guys had a full and fun holiday season. You were missed around here, though!